Agenda – Tuesday 27th February 2018, Reinwood JIN Schools, (HD3 4YL) 4.15 – 5.30pm
The next meeting of our highly popular outdoor learning network will be led by Eden’s Forest, an outdoor education provider in West Yorkshire with extensive experience and a real passion for the outdoors, nature conservation, and teaching across EY, KS1 and KS2.
- Learn how to build and maintain a pond
- See the pond at Reinwood JIN Schools & get some top tips on having a pond at school!
Details of our network
Our network comprises a variety of staff from a wide range of schools across our area who meet regularly to:
- Establish a thriving Outdoor learning community, with strong links across our schools
- Raise the profile of outdoor learning/Forest Schools in our schools, with our students and in our communities
- Share ideas, strategies and resources – at every meeting
Forest schools Overview
The aim of Forest Schools is to facilitate the engagement of individuals with the outdoors and promote personal, social and emotional development for all through hands on experiences with nature. Through group work and activities, children build up safety routines, trust and become increasingly confident with high levels of self-esteem. They become competent and secure in the setting and acquire skills that are transferable to the classroom and life in general.
During forest schools sessions children get the chance to:
- Feel equal, unique and valuable.
- Have the freedom to explore & discover.
- Experience appropriate risks and challenges.
- Chance to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development, experiencing regular success.
- Develop positive relationships with themselves and other people.
- Build a strong, respectful relationship with the natural world.