Leading Outstanding Learning Sept 2018 – Feb 2019
17th September 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 11th February 2019 @ 5:00 pm| Free
When: Sept 2018 – Feb 2019
Where: sessions alternating between Spen Valley High School and All Saints Catholic College
Who: Aimed at: Secondary RQT and teachers new to school
Cost: Course FREE – funded by WYTA as part of our leadership development programme (cover costs not included)
- The programme encompasses six half day events hosted on a range of afternoon and twilight times to minimise impact on class teaching commitments and covers:
Leading engaging teaching and learning
Supporting Assessment for Learning
Dealing with change in leadership
Encouraging successful student-led learning
Differentiation for key learner groups
Showcasing best practice developed – vision and values
- Teachers are invited in pairs or trios from their school; they will have support from a home school mentor to facilitate opportunities for the development and sharing of best practice in their school.
- Individual teachers are also welcome; they will also need to have support from a home school mentor to facilitate opportunities for the development and sharing of best practice in their school.
- A CPD programme aiming to enhance the leadership capacity of learning in schools.
- An opportunity to learn from experiences and best practice in a range of schools across the Kirklees area.
- To create an opportunity for teachers who are new to the profession to develop their skills.
- Teachers will develop skills and strategies to achieve outstanding learning and progress from students in their classrooms and in the classrooms of colleagues.
- Teachers will lead the development and sharing of best practice with others in their department and school to further improve student learning outcomes for all.