The West Yorkshire Teaching Alliance is led by two teaching schools, Shelley First School and Spring Grove Junior, Infant and Nursery School. Our membership includes over 50 schools from the Primary, Secondary and Special sectors, as well as Kirklees Council, the University of Huddersfield and the Pennine Sports Partnership.
As a relatively new partnership we welcome contributions from as many schools as possible in order to ensure a wide range of skills, experience, talent and capacity is available to share good practice across our network, ultimately providing staff and children across the region with outstanding opportunities to learn and achieve.
As a Teaching School Alliance we bring provision for support, training and development together under one umbrella, and we share responsibility for the key areas (known as the ‘Big Six’) set out by the National College of Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) to:
1. play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession (ITT).
2. lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (CPD).
3. identify and develop leadership potential (Succession Planning).
4. provide support for other schools (School to School).
5. designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs).
6. engage in research and development (R&D).
For further details on each individual lead school, please click the school icon below: